What Not To Move
Rules and Regulations of Packing
It is very important that you review and understand which
items you cannot ship.
If you are doing your own packing, be sure to read this section before you begin. There are rules and regulations that govern all movers to ensure safety.
- Drain oil and fuel from lawn mower and other machinery. Discard any partially used cans of paint, thinner, oil or other substances that might leak.
- All refillable tanks must be purged and sealed by a local propane gas dealer. Discard of non-refillable tanks.
- Avoid refinishing your furniture before your move. Some products may soften the wood, making it vulnerable to imprinting from furniture pads. Obtain a written appraisal of antiques to verify the value.
- Think twice before dismantling your outside satellite dish; a new one may cost less than moving the present one.
- Not all movers move items such as hot tubs, large screen TV's and some exercise equipment you. Consult with the moving company agent about all items you plan on moving
Follow the list below for information on items not to be shipped prior to packing and loading dates:
Dispose of all flammable, corrosive or explosive items:
Acid / Gasoline Poisons / Charcoal / Lighter Fluid
Fertilizer / Paints / Car Batteries / Matches
Nail Polish & Remover / Ammunition / Liquid Bleach / Stern
Aerosols / Kerosene / Pool Chemicals / Chemistry Sets
Fireworks / Pesticides / Motor Oil / Paint Thinner
Batteries / Loaded Weapons / Weed Killer / Ammonia
Lamp Oil / Propane Tanks / Cleaning Fluid
Dispose of perishables - Food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit:
Frozen Food / Plants
Open Food / Produce
Please note that you should empty your refrigerator and freezers for at least 24 hours before loading. Keep the appliance doors open so the appliance will dry out and prevent the growth of mold and odor.
The moving company agent may agree to transport perishables if they are properly packed and require no servicing in transit and the shipment delivery is less than 150 miles and within 24 hours.
Some articles are not accepted for transportation.
The moving company's agent assumes no responsibility should these items come into his/her possession without his/her knowledge. Although these articles do not create a physical threat it can create problems if your shipment is delayed or items lost. This can be avoided if all irreplaceable, sentimental items are carried with you.
Address Books / Files / Personal Video Tapes
Air Line Tickets / Financial Statements / Photos and Albums
Car Keys / Furs / Research Projects
Bonds IRAs / Deeds / Tax Records / School Records
Check Books / Jewelry / Sterling Silver
Coins / Letters / Stocks / Stamp Collection
Computer Software / Disks / Medicine
We are standing by to hear from you! please don't hesitate to call us anytime with packing questions! 866-668-7666